Every four months we do some detailed analysis of exactly how we are doing compared with similar periods in previous years and compared with our current budget, a higher level of analysis than our monthly financials. Since our park offering change by the season, this methods works well for us.
- Pools/Waterparks were up by 13.5%
- Golf was down by 7%
- Cabin rentals in our campgrounds were up by 10%
- Overall campgrounds were down by 2% (but historically near the high water mark)
- And most other areas up slightly including:
- boat rentals
- picnic pavilions
- Event venues for weddings and receptions
- Large outdoor festivals and concerts
- And overall attendance at all of our parks from gardens to museums, nature centers, and natural areas.
With much bad economic news on the headlines it is nice that people are still getting out and having fun in parks, engaging with nature, getting exercise, and enjoying themselves. Good stuff!!
The other seasons: