Mason Neck State Park and the Prince William County Park Authority have been great partners in the establishment of this water trail.
If you would like to get more involved with the local kayaking scene here are some good links:
- Occoquan Water-Trail League
- Chesapeake Paddlers Association is a great group - The Pirate's of Algonkian group from CPA has regular paddles out of both Fountainhead and Algonkian Regional Parks.
- American Canoe Association - Great resource for safety information
- Woody's Kayak Trips is a great page from a local paddler. Woody has been very involved in the creation of OWL, his site has great information.
- Kayaking in Virginia - Good resource page.
- Paddling in Virginia - This site has reports on various paddling locations.
Get out there and have fun!